Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The princess and the playboy..

A couple of weeks back, our beloved president, Mr. Zardari had a flirty moment with the gorgeous Ms Palin, the vice president nominee for McCain camp. When I asked my friends about there opinion on this, I got a mix response, some saying it showed a more softer side of the country (not to forget the president represents the country), others said that being a head off an Islamic state, the president should have shown respect.  Personally, I agree with the later.  Our Constitution states that the country is Islamic republic of Pakistan, and the president who ever is elected from the full Parliament needs to be a Muslim.  Being a Muslim, it is important that the person respect the values on how to treat a woman.  But again, watching Zardari, reminded me of this old BBC documentary I watched when i was a kid, The Princess and the Playboy .

...  some habbits do die hard ...


No comments: